Who Are We? Over 60 Years of Excellence!
Hearing HealthCare Providers/California (HHP) is the professional association that represents the hearing aid dispensing community throughout California. HHP members are engaged in the practice of testing human hearing and selecting, fitting and dispensing hearing instruments. Founded in 1952, the association continues to recognize the need for promoting and maintaining the highest possible standards for its members in the best interest of the hearing impaired it serves.
As the membership organization for California’s single and dually licensed hearing aid dispensing community, HHP conducts continuing education and training programs throughout the state. HHP also provides business oriented member benefits specifically designed for the hearing aid dispensing community in California.
The purpose of the Hearing Healthcare Providers/California Association is to enable the provision of effective treatment alternatives for hearing impaired California consumers and to enhance the knowledge and competency of the professional hearing instrument practitioner.
Our mission will be accomplished through
- Measurement, classification and treatment of hearing loss.
- Consumer advocacy and public education regarding hearing health.
- Sponsorship, support, or opposition to legislative or regulatory initiatives.
- Liaison with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Provision of continuing professional education.
- Preferred provider status with managed care networks.
- Cooperative buying program with manufacturers and supplies.
- Adherence to a comprehensive code of ethics and the highest standards of practice.
In addition, as a member of “America’s Hearing Healthcare Team”, the HHP practitioner, pursuant to state and federal regulations, provides information and referral to other health care professionals.